Welcome to the first day of your No Impact Experiment. Today we will discuss consumption. Hopefully, you have been able to access the manual – http://bit.ly/niwmanual and complete the five steps listed.
For this week we will be using this site to submit comments and thoughts that come up throughout the week.
A couple of questions to consider for today:
- Do you think that your list of ‘needs’ for this week will change? Do you think that more items will be added or subtracted as the week goes on?
- Were you surprised by how much went in to your ‘waste bag’?
- If you collected your waste during a weekday as opposed to a Sunday, do you suspect that it would look different? Would there be more or less waste in the bag at the end of the day?
- What creative ways have you developed to reuse or reduce the amount you consume?
- How are you consuming less tangible items (ie. energy and water)?
- How do you think your consumption impacts the local community? The state? The country? The rest of the world?
The No Impact Experiment really aims to focus on our current consumption habits and how we can change them both as an individual, and within our community.
I look forward to reading your comments, thoughts, and questions throughout the week.